There are numerous histories and exhibits about Virginia Tech that may be of interest:
- Virginia Tech History Resources research guide - This guide maintained by Special Collections and University History includes links to exhibits and histories, as well as archival resources and publications which contain most of the items on display in this exhibit.
- History of Virginia Tech - The university's history online created by VT University Relations, which is periodically updated.
- The First 100 Years : A History of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University by Duncan Lyle Kinnear (1972)
- The bugle's echo : a chronology of cadet life at the Military College at Blacksburg, Virginia, The Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and The Virginia Polytechnic Institute by Harry Downing Temple (1996) is a detailed, six-volume history of the university from 1872 to 1934.
- Virginia Tech, land-grant university, 1872-1997 : history of a school, a state, a nation by Peter Wallenstein (1st ed., 1997 produced for the 125th anniversary; 2nd ed., 2021)
- Black History at Virginia Tech Timelines from SCUA
- 125th Anniversary of Virginia Tech (1872-1997) online exhibit from SCUA (some content was updated after 1997)
- History of Women at Virginia Tech online exhibit from SCUA
- The First International Students at VT online exhibit from SCUA
- Indigenous History at Virginia Tech online exhibit from SCUA
- LGBTQ History at Virginia Tech online exhibit from SCUA
- Native at Virginia Tech Exhibit from the American Indian and Indigenous Community Center